Following a request that we organise some training for adults to help support young people with additional needs (including but not limited to Autism and ADHD etc), the district has agreed and funded a 6 hour course, to be held on 16th March at Phasels Wood.
The topics to be covered are:
- key areas of difference that need to be taken into account
- awareness of the sensory and communication difficulties that people with autism may experience
- greater insight into how people on the autism spectrum see the world.
- how autism presents itself in individuals
- how to best support someone on the autism spectrum
- practical strategies for overcoming areas of difficulty
The training is being run by a professional from the external organisation “Ambitious about Autism” who have been established for 20+ years and who work across the UK , dedicated to improving opportunities for young people on the Autistic Spectrum, including those with autism or Asperger syndrome.
Booking is now available online and will be on a first-come-first-served basis for a maximum of 24 attendees.
Please register early to allow us to plan the day effectively.