Booking will open 6.30pm 1st March 2019. Priority will be given to those who have not done this before.
Powerboating 24th March 2019
Power Coxswain Activity Badge
Bury Lake Rickmansworth 9.15 for prompt 9.30 start – 16.00 Cost £15
Power boating uses exciting, awesome power machines that require skill and knowledge to master, but give the opportunity for anyone to try. Different types of power boat include wet bikes, rigid inflatables (RIBs) and power cruisers. Power boats can also be used as work boats or rescue boats, but all of them, from the solid, dependable diesel open boats to rubber dinghies with outboards, require skill and knowledge and can be great fun.
Scout Power Coxswain Activity Badge
- Choose and identify the boat you will use.
- Choose the waters you will visit.
- Identify the features and hazards of this water.
- Learn what the rules are for boating on the water you’re using.
- Wear the proper clothing and make sure you have the correct equipment for your craft.
Complete the following steps under proper supervision:
6. Locate the engine and know how to start and stop it safely.
7. Take part in a man overboard drill.
8. Launch and recover your craft (if that’s possible) and come alongside. Moor and berth your craft.
9. Control the speed and direction of your craft to steer around a course or on a journey.
Young people will be appropriately supervised by an activity permit holder or a qualified external instructor. The activity will follow the activity rules in the Policy and Organisation Rules. Find out more at www.scouts.org.uk/a-z
Booking is via the Hemel District Website http://www.hemel-scouts.co.uk/activities/powerboating/
All information will be sent via email once booking is made.