Kings Langley WD4 9NA
Book now: www.hemel-scouts.co.uk/promise
- 2019 Bring a Friend Activity Evening Information for Leaders
- 2019 Bring a Friend Activity Evening Beaver_Cub letter
- 2019 Bring a Friend Activity Evening Explorer letter
- 2019 Bring a Friend Activity Evening Scout letter
As the event is being held on St George’s Day, the evening will also contain our short ceremony to renew our Promises altogether as Hemel Hempstad District! The complete programme for the evening is as follows –
- 4.45 pm – Arrival & registration – Beavers & Cubs
- 5.00 pm – Activities open for Beavers & Cubs
- 6.15 pm – Arrival & registration – Scouts & Explorers
- 6.30 pm – District Renewal of Promise – All (activities closed during this time)
- 7.00 pm – Beavers & Cubs depart
- 7.00 pm – Activities open for Scouts & Explorers
- 9.00 pm – Activities close – Scouts & Explorers depart
Wear: Activity clothes & Group scarf
During the evening there will be plenty of opportunities for young people and their friends, to take part in various activities including aeroball, garden games, batak, bungee trampolines, backwoods cooking, human buzzwire, human hungry hippos, kurling, land zorbs, pedal racers, potholing, slackline, sucker guns, cresta run, low ropes assault course, nightline trail, orienteering, a photo hunt, inflatables, trampolines, craft activities and climbing the rolling rock and traverse walls.
Cubs (and friends aged 8+), Scouts & Explorers will also be able take part in rifle shooting (subject to weather conditions & a consent form being signed), abseiling, archery, climbing, crate stacking, high ropes cube course, human table football and zip wire,
Some of the activities will have the opportunity to win some TASTY prizes too!
To take part in all these activities young people will require a ‘wrist band entry ticket’ which may be purchased by until Friday 19th April at our website: www.hemel-scouts.co.uk/promise
Parents will be required to supervise the Beavers & Cubs (recommended ratio 1 adult : 4 children – max 1:6) as we are asking leaders to help to run some of the activities.
Refreshments for the YP (included in the ticket price) will be available between 5.30 – 8.30 pm. Tea/coffee will be available for the adults to purchase.
Wet weather cancellation information will be available on the day at: www.hemel-scouts.co.uk