OPEN FOR NEW MEMBERS AND PREVIOUS MEMBERS WHO WISH TO CONTINUE TO THE NEXT LEVEL
Please note: Everyone interested must register their interest including those on the current course.
Following Baden Powell’s ideals and Bear Grylls, be part of this popular group now in it’s 10th year who wish to:
- Participate in the practical side of woodcraft and backwoods skills, camping without a tent.
- Work in own age groups; scouts, explorers, adults & leaders.
Parents may join in too as long as they are DBS/CRB cleared by their Group
It is fundamentally:
- Designed for anyone from ‘Scouts (must be over 11) to Adults’ in the District.
- Fun for all, no previous bushcraft experience required.
- You need to have camped under canvas previously (with your own scout group).
- Not requiring specialised equipment to take part.
- Allows you to try out something you have never done before.
Some of the many skills you may wish to try out:
- Make a shelter from ‘tarp’ or natural materials and sleep in it.
- Using a Knife, Axe and Saw in the Bushcraft way.
- All you need to know about fires and starting them without a match.
- Identifying and collecting wild foods.
- Preparing and cooking animals and fish.
- Making gadgets from natural materials.
- How to collect and make safe drinking water.
- Using and sleeping in a hammock
Dates for 2017 are in the attached flyer.
If you wish to take part in this popular group for 2017 you will need to register or re-register (if existing member):
- Register your interest on-line only by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Give your name (those taking part), date of birth (if under 18), scout group, address, contact Tel Nos.
- Be sure to put the dates on your calendar and register on-line to email@example.com
John & the bushcraft team