Minibus Terms and Conditions
Below is a summary of the Minibus Terms and Conditions
- For the full details download here – Minibus conditions of hire
- The minibus is covered by an insurance policy provided by Hemel Hempstead Explorer Scouts. The hirer is liable for the insurance policy excess (£250) in the event of any claim arising from their use of the vehicle and a deposit cheque in that amount will be required at time of booking and retained in the event of any accident until the insurance outcome is determined.
- All drivers to have a clean licence
- There must be a period of 2 years since passing test
- Drivers must be at least 25 years old on the day the hire commences
- An in-date electronic copy driving licence of all drivers must be provided before the hire commences. Details of how to obtain this can be found here – View Driving Licence
- The minibus will have a full tank of (diesel) fuel it must be returned full, if this is not the case the cost of fuel plus £10 admin fee will be taken from your deposit.
- Ensure the mileage log is kept up to date, and that all daily checks are carried out whilst on hire.
- Keep the vehicle clean and return it clean: all rubbish must be removed from the vehicle before the end of the hire. Failure to do so may result in a £30 surcharge being added to the hirer’s invoice.
- Any parking/speeding, traffic violations or congestion charges are the sole liability of the hirer or driver at the time of offence (a diary is provided to record who is driving and when).
- All hirers of the vehicle must hold a section 19 minibus permit to exempt them from PSV/PCV requirements and must display it in the vehicle during use. Permits apply to the organisation hiring the vehicle, not to the vehicle itself, so you must have your own. By exemption of Hemel Hempstead District groups who can use the permit in the minibus.
Details here of how to obtain your section 19 permit
Once availability has been confirmed please complete and return this booking form with your deposit to our minibus administrator.