Booking the minibus
Interested in using the minibus?
- Step 1 – Check the minibus availability
- Step 2 – Complete the online enquiry form
- Step 3 – We will then email you to confirm your booking
- Step 4 – Read the terms and conditions
- Step 5 – Return the following to the minibus administrator
- The minibus booking form
- Copies of the drivers electronic driving licences
- Copies of HCC minibus permits
- Deposit cheque of £250 for groups outside of Hemel Hempstead District.
- Step 6 – 28 days before collection or immediately if within 28 days – BACS transfer Full payment , details on the booking form
- Step 7 – Collect the minibus and keys from Phasels Wood Scout Camp
- 8.45am – 5.15pm Nov-March, 8.45am – 9.30pm April – Oct (except Sundays when they close at 5.15pm).
- Step 8 – Return the minibus to Phasels Wood Scout Camp and keys to the office if open or to the location directed.
- Step 9 – Once the minibus condition has been inspected we will return your deposit.
- In the event of damage to the minibus your deposit will be withheld to cover damage. If the extent of damage is more than the deposit the additional amount will need to be paid, unless an insurance claim is made whereby your deposit covers the insurance excess.
- Evening rate – £20 (up to three hours)
- Day rate – £50
- Weekend rate – £100 (Friday PM – Sunday PM)
- Long weekend (3 days) – £125
- Long weekend (4 days) – £150
- Week – £250
- Minibus assessments – £10 per person
If any key is lost whilst the minibus is on hire, Hemel Hempstead Explorers will do all they can to provide a replacement, but, the cost of replacing the lost key will be taken from the hirer’s deposit.